‘Tis the season for apples. We love apples around here. Every week we walk into the grocery store and get a sampling of each type of apple on sale. We weighed our apple treasure this last time and had 6 pounds. That would last us only a week. So, needless to say, we love apples.
I’m always looking for healthy, easy to grab snack food. Apple chips fit this criteria. Although they take a bit of time to make, they are addictive and well worth the wait. Plus, if you live in a cold place like I do, there is the extra perk of the two hour cooking process warming up your home.
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Apples, sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees.
- Slice the apples into 1/8 inch thick slices and immediately sprinkle them with lemon juice so they don’t brown
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Lay out the apple slices so that they do not overlap.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar to taste
- Put in oven and cook for 2 hours, checking the chips every 30 minutes. Make sure to flip the chips over halfway through.
- They are done when they are crispy, chewy, and no longer soft.